Marketing and Office Manager
Montana Alpine Guides (MAG) is hiring a Marketing and Office Manager to lead the administrative office and marketing duties in this small but growing business. We are looking for an outgoing, flexible, and hardworking individual with strong administrative and organizational skills.
This is a year round position with with two “peak” seasons. You can expect 20-35 hours/week from November-April 15 and June-September. During the “off-season” hours drop to 10-20/week. Minimum one-year commitment with opportunity to grow your position at MAG. Work location is flexible with some required time at the MAG office (located at the Spire Climbing Center).
Wage: $8-$15/hour DOE. No benefits offered in terms of paid leave, health insurance, 401K, etc., however, we do offer pro deals with a number of outdoor retailers, Spire provides MAG employees with discounts on gear and memberships.
Seeking an immediate hire for 2018. To apply, please email resume and cover letter to address below. Applications will be reviewed on an ongoing basis until we find the right person.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Ability to self-direct and juggle multiple roles/projects on a daily basis; strong time management skills and ability to exercise discretion in prioritizing tasks and responsibilities
- Scrupulous attention to detail with strong organizational skills
- Accounting/financial management skills: familiarity with payroll and related human resources matters; book keeping skills including proficiency in Quickbooks
- Social media/Marketing skills: Google Apps, social media platforms (facebook, instagram) basic WordPress and/or HTML skills
- General knowledge of rock climbing, ice climbing, mountaineering, backcountry skiing and outdoor recreation culture, including knowledge of the Greater Yellowstone ecosystem as it pertains to outdoor recreation
- Flexibility and creativity are a must
- Degree or background in Business, Communications, Marketing or Graphic Design
- 2+ years of customer service experience
- Professional and/or personal experience in outdoor recreation
Administrative Responsibilities (70%):
This position will cover all day-to-day office duties including booking trips, invoicing, maintaining the payroll log, maintaining office supplies, coordinating gear rentals, maintaining equipment inventory, scheduling guides, maintaining the client database, maintaining MAG inventory and retail sales, maintaining work calendar, basic web page maintenance, maintaining current list of pro deals with relevant application information for MAG employees, maintaining guide roster and ensuring that guides are up to date with all required certifications and employee information, as well as additional related duties.
- Create and maintain efficient work processes/protocols for all MAG related tasks
- Create and maintain a standardized system to organize all forms/paperwork for both digital files and hard copies (standardize MAG templates, update all existing forms and documents to adhere to established standards, etc.)
- Hire/oversee a high school or MSU student intern to help with basic office tasks such as filing, database entry, etc.
- Event-Specific Duties
- Design/order marketing materials (stickers, posters, postcards etc.)
- Organize tents/stands at event venues (set-up/break-down, hot drinks, snacks, promotional material, scheduling guides or interns to man the stands)
- Coordinate with event staff on additional needs and responsibilities
Marketing/Communication Responsibilities (30%):
- Develop and implement a social media plan, including biweekly facebook and instagram posts, etc.
- Manage email list serve and create and edit content for four quarterly newsletters via MailChimp
- Strategize and implement new ways to locally promote climbing/backcountry ski trips, including fliers at local businesses, radio and print media ads, etc.
- Seasonal (winter and summer) outreach to targeted venues in Big Sky
- Create marketing plan to organize and coordinate annual marketing tasks
- Maintain ongoing client relations by creating and implementing a post-trip follow-up protocol, including a thank you and questionnaire
- Create and establish working relationships with local organizations, businesses, educational programs, resorts, ranches, etc. (promotional discounts, group events, ongoing courses, etc.)
Montana Alpine Guides, Inc. provides services and employment opportunities regardless of an individual’s ethnic or cultural heritage, religious beliefs, sexual orientation or physical handicap. Applicants must be legally authorized to work in the United States.