DESCRIPTION: Through our Multi-Pitch Climbing Course participants will acquire the necessary skills to attempt longer climbs on their own. This course is a great continuation from our Traditional Lead Climbing Course.
OVERVIEW: This course is designed for those with past traditional climbing experience and or as a continuation from our Traditional Climbing course. Participants will be exposed to the skills and techniques needed to safely and efficiently begin to climb on the multitude of inspiring multi-pitch routes found locally and throughout the world.
- Safety and risk recognition involved with multi-pitch climbing
- Climbing communication (including when you can’t see or hear your partner)
- Lead belaying and belaying from above
- Multi-pitch anchor management and transitions
- Safely lowering a climber with an engaged auto-lock device from above
- Selecting objectives and creating strategies
- Equipment selection for intended routes
- Route finding, retreat/escape plans and options
- Ropes: one vs. two, and two vs. one rope with one tag line.
- Multi-pitch rappels
PREREQUISITES: Climbers enrolling in our Multi Pitch Rock Course should have some background in lead climbing traditional rock climbs, basic belay skills, and knots. To gain those skills consider our Traditional Climbing course offered the day prior to this course. You can also gain the prerequisite skills in our Leading Sport Course
TIME: 8:00 – 4:00
RATIO: Max 6:1
- Professional climbing guide
- Personal Climbing Gear (rock climbing shoes, harness, helmet)
- Group Gear: Ropes, carabiners, climbing protection, slings, cordelettes, etc.
- Food, transport, lodging
- Technical clothing, backpack, etc.
- Rescue insurance
- Trip insurance
- Guide gratuity
- Unforeseen expenses from circumstances outside of Montana Alpine Guides’ control
Montana Alpine Guides, 11 Enterprise Blvd, Bozeman, MT 59718
What our clients say about us
“We had a great time climbing Gallatin Tower in the Gallatin River Valley. Our group ranged in age from 8 to 43. Our guides, Genevieve and Kyle, were able to find routes to accommodate all of us. They really did a fantastic job.”
“Had the best time climbing with Montana Alpine Guides. Sam is a fantastic guide that I would recommend to anyone visiting Montana and the surrounding areas.”
- June 6
- July 11
- August 22
- September 19
- Custom date options, private rates apply
- Max 4:1 ratio
MINIMUM ENROLLMENT: 3 climbers