This course is designed to prepare participants for longer more technical mountain climbs. The skills we cover will prepare you for one of MAGs trips to the Peruvian Andes on peaks such as Alpamayo, Artesanraju, etc. The skills covered can be applied to many technical alpine expedition climbs whether it be in the Andes, Alaska, or in the Rockies.
- Efficient ice and mixed climbing techniques and skills for long routes
- Multi-pitch climbing strategies and techniques
- Risk & Objective Hazard Assessments (avalanches, seracs, rock fall, crevaces)
- Route finding & strategy
- Anchors and rappel options
- Team rope travel and crevasse rescue
- Trip planning: gear, physical fitness/training