This all-women’s clinic mirrors that of our Intro to Ice Course! A 2-day course designed for the complete novice and/or those who have climbed rock, and are looking to extend those skills into the world of ice climbing. Learn the techniques, gear, and skills needed to become a competent ice climber! Train with other women who share the same passions!
- Ability to identify ice climbing equipment, properly don and check harness, helmet, boots, and crampons.
- Belay communications.
- Climbing knots and hitches: Figure 8 Follow-through, Double Fisherman’s, Prussic, Munter, Clove Hitch, and Water Knot.
- Proper top rope anchor placement and setup.
- Rappel setup and techniques with friction devices.
- Ice climbing technique up to WI4 with coaching.