DESCRIPTION: Through our Multi-Pitch Climbing Course participants will acquire the necessary skills to attempt longer climbs on their own. This course is a great continuation from our Traditional Lead Climbing Course.
OVERVIEW: This course is designed for those with past traditional climbing experience and or as a continuation from our Traditional Climbing Course. Participants will be exposed to the skills and techniques needed to safely and efficiently begin to climb on the multitude of inspiring multi-pitch routes found locally and throughout the world.
- Safety and risk recognition involved with multi-pitch climbing
- Climbing communication (including when you can’t see or hear your partner)
- Lead belaying and belaying from above
- Multi-pitch anchor management and transitions
- Safely lowering a climber with an engaged auto-lock device from above
- Selecting objectives and creating strategies
- Equipment selection for intended routes
- Route finding, retreat/escape plans and options
- Ropes: one vs. two, and two vs. one rope with one tag line
- Multi-pitch rappels
PREREQUISITES: Climbers enrolling in our Multi Pitch Rock Course should have some background in lead climbing traditional rock climbs, basic belay skills, and knots. To gain those skills consider our Traditional Climbing Course offered the day prior to this course. You can also gain the prerequisite skills in our Leading Sport Course.
PRICE: $125 (1-DAY CLINIC) *does not include 3.5% Land Use Charge*
CLIMBING LOCATION: Gallatin Canyon
MEETING LOCATION: 8am @Montana Alpine Guides,13 Enterprise Blvd., Bozeman, MT 59718
RATIO: Max 4:1
- Professional climbing guide
- Personal Climbing Gear (rock climbing shoes, harness, helmet)
- Group Gear: Ropes, carabiners, climbing protection, slings, cordelettes, etc.
- Food, transport, lodging
- Technical clothing, backpack, etc.
- Rescue insurance
- Trip insurance
- Guide gratuity
- Unforeseen expenses from circumstances outside of Montana Alpine Guides’ control