This course is for those who have experience climbing on ice and want to tap into some of the techniques necessary for leading ice routes. Topics covered include:
- Risk assessment
- Ice Screw placements and removal, protection evaluation
- Multi-point/multi-directional anchor construction
- Fall factors and forces created
- Technique and lead climbing strategy
- Lead belays and belaying from above
- Equipment selection and use
PREREQUISITES: Climbers enrolling in our Leading Ice Climbs Courses should have a solid background in climbing on ice. Contact us about options if you feel you need to gain these skills.
- December 17, 2022
- February 4, 2023
Don’t see course dates to match your schedule? Book a Private Course for any dates!
$275 for 1-day course (no extra costs)
- Professional guiding and instruction
- All technical equipment (ice tools, boots, crampons, harness, and helmet)
4:1 (max of 8 participants, 2 guides)
Note: With 8 participants, we will have two 4:1 climbing teams to maintain better social distancing.
MINIMUM ENROLLMENT: 3 climbers
Don’t see course dates that work for you?
Visit our calendar to check out our other courses!