This course is designed to prepare participants for longer more technical mountain climbs. The skills we cover will prepare you for one of MAG’s trips to the Peruvian Andes on peaks such as Alpamayo, Artesanraju, etc. The skills covered can be applied to many technical alpine expedition climbs, whether it be in the Andes, Alaska, or in the Rockies.
- Efficient ice and mixed climbing techniques and skills for long routes
- Multi-pitch climbing strategies and techniques
- Risk & Objective Hazard Assessments (avalanches, seracs, rockfall, crevasses)
- Route finding & strategy
- Anchors and rappel options
- Team rope travel and crevasse rescue
- Trip planning: gear, physical fitness/training
- Custom dates, contact us for details
4:1 max (2:1 on multi-pitch days)
Don’t see course dates that work for you?
Visit our calendar to check out our other courses!