Bozeman Rock Climbing Festival
Presented by Montana Alpine Guides
September 11th-12th, 2021
Intro to Rock Climbing – Traditional Lead Climbing – Multi-pitch Climbing – Clinic Companion/Self Rescue (DETAILS BELOW)
Saturday, September 11th
8:00am | Meet at Montana Alpine Guides to split into clinic groups and carpool/caravan to clinic locations. Guides and instructors will be waiting on location with ropes set up.
9:00am – 3:30pm | Rock Climbing Clinics
Sunday, September 12th
8:00am | Meet at Montana Alpine Guides Office to split into clinic groups and carpool/caravan to clinic locations. Guides and instructors will be waiting on location with ropes set up.
9:00am – 3:30pm | Rock Climbing Clinics
Festival Sign Up
Pick your course. Spots are limited to 4-6 participants/course/day. All bookings are on a first come first serve basis. We don’t currently have online booking available for this event.
Reservations can be made by phone @ 406-586-8430 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
We need the following information:
- Preferred course/courses and date(s)
- # in your group
- Your past experience relative to this trip
- Gear requests for each person (helmet, shoe, and waist size for climbing)
- Credit Card information to book your trip (if paying by phone, otherwise you can pay directly from the invoice we will create for you)
- Signed forms, fill out forms here.
Once we get this information:
- You will receive an invoice or receipt from MAG, which can be paid directly online via the link at the bottom of your email. NOTE: We must receive payment to reserve a guide for your dates. Your trip is NOT reserved until payment is received.
- You will receive a confirmation email from email@example.com with trip details including: meeting times, locations, equipment lists, etc. Please take the time to fill in your requested gear needs from MAG.
- At that point, your trip is booked! You can always feel free to call or write us to discuss any trip details.
DESCRIPTION: If you have never climbed before or want to take your gym-climbing skills outside to a real crag and begin to acquire the skills needed to climb outside while meeting other climbers – then this is the right course for you. This is an abbreviated version of our Gym to Crag Series: Level 1.
OVERVIEW: Our professional climbing guides teach skills necessary for students to evolve into proficient outdoor climbers.
- Introduction to outdoor climbing – LOTS OF CLIMBING and coaching!
- Risk management at the cliff/crag
- Top rope belaying outside, belay positioning on uneven terrain
- Back up belaying
- Top rope anchors: from bolts
- Safety considerations, avoidance, and mitigation
- Introduction to leading, back clipping, “Z” clipping (by “Mock Leading”)
- Anchor cleaning
- Directional points
PREREQUISITES: No experience necessary
PRICE: $75 (1-DAY CLINIC) *does not include 3.5% Land Use Charge*
DATE & TIME: One Day Clinic
Saturday 9/11 @ 8:00 – 4:00 OR
Sunday 9/12 @8:00-4:00
CLIMBING LOCATION: Red Cliff (just south of Big Sky)
MEETING LOCATION: 8:00am @ Montana Alpine Guides, 13 Enterprise Blvd., Bozeman, MT 59718
MINIMUM ENROLLMENT: 3 climbers
RATIO: Max 6:1
- Professional climbing guide
- Personal Climbing Gear (rock climbing shoes, harness, helmet)
- Group Gear: Ropes, carabiners, climbing protection, slings, cordelettes, etc.
- Food, transport, lodging
- Technical clothing, backpack, etc.
- Rescue insurance
- Trip insurance
- Guide gratuity
- Unforeseen expenses from circumstances outside of Montana Alpine Guides’ control
What our clients say about us
“We had a great time climbing Gallatin Tower in the Gallatin River Valley. Our group ranged in age from 8 to 43. Our guides, Genevieve and Kyle, were able to find routes to accommodate all of us. They really did a fantastic job.”
“Had the best time climbing with Montana Alpine Guides. Sam is a fantastic guide that I would recommend to anyone visiting Montana and the surrounding areas.”
Sept. 11-12, 2021
All clinics except for Self Rescue are 1-day clinics with options for Saturday or Sunday
- Intro to Rock Climbing – September 11$95.00Guide/Instructor: TBD
- Traditional Rock Lead Climbing – September 10$115.00Guide: TBD
- Women’s Traditional Rock Lead Climbing – September 11$95.00Guide: Lindsay Fixmer
- Multi-pitch Rock – September 10$150.00Guides/Instructors: TBD
- Self/Companion Rescue (2 day course)$295.00Guide: TBD
- BIPOC- Intro to Rock Climbing – Sept. 10$95.00Guide/Instructor: Manoah Ainuu
- Multi-Pitch Rock – September 11$150.00Guides: Sam Magro
- Traditional Rock Lead Climbing – September 11$115.00Guide: TBD