Enjoy a fun and casual day of rock climbing in the beautiful outdoors near Bozeman or Big Sky, MT! Our professional climbing guides make this a safe and fun way for families, kids, & beginners to try climbing. We will cover basic climbing techniques, belaying, and gear, with a focus on lots of climbing!
OVERVIEW: Our professional climbing guides teach the foundational skills necessary for outdoor climbing with coaching on belaying and climbing outdoors.
- Learn basic climbing knots
- Learn to confidently belay in an outdoor setting
- Efficient climbing technique, footwork, etc.
PREREQUISITES: No experience required
- Professional climbing guide
- Personal climbing gear (rock climbing shoes, harness, helmet)*
- *In light of Covid-19 we are charging a $10 gear rental fee for cleaning and handling of equipment*
- Group Gear: Ropes, carabiners, climbing protection, slings, cordelettes, etc.
- Food, water, transport, lodging
- Technical clothing, backpack, etc.
- Rescue insurance
- Trip insurance
- Guide gratuity
- Unforeseen expenses from circumstances outside of Montana Alpine Guides’ control
Montana Alpine Guides, 11 Enterprise Blvd, Bozeman, MT 59718
NOTE: If driving from Big Sky, Yellowstone NP, etc. you can meet us at the climbing locations nearest to your lodging.
You pick the dates…
We generally run these trips from June through September.
We may be able to accommodate trips outside of these months – contact us for details!
Morning: 8 am – 12 pm
Afternoon: 1 pm – 5 pm
4:1 (participants to guide)
We can accommodate groups of up to 16 participants.
Contact us for groups over 10 participants.