If you have never tried rock climbing before, have never climbed outdoors, or want a review, then this is the perfect day for you. Our Intro to Rock Climbing Course takes place in a beautiful location with a fun and casual introduction to the sport. We will cover techniques, belaying, rappelling, gear, with a focus on lots of climbing. Combine this with our Top-Rope Anchors program for a full weekend of fun and skill development. The combination is equivalent to a two-day Intro to Rock course and will provide participants with the necessary skills to safely climb on their own.
OVERVIEW: Our professional climbing guides teach the foundational skills necessary for outdoor climbing and coach on belaying and climbing outdoors.
- Learn basic climbing knots
- Learn to confidently belay in an outdoor setting
- Climbing and belay skill coaching
- Efficient climbing technique, footwork, etc.
- Learn how the entire climbing system all plays together
PREREQUISITES: No experience required
TIME: 8:00am – 4:00pm
RATIO: Max 6:1
- Professional climbing guide
- Personal climbing gear (rock climbing shoes, harness, helmet)
- Group gear: ropes, carabiners, climbing protection, slings, cordelettes, etc.
- Food, transport, lodging
- Technical clothing, backpack, etc.
- Rescue insurance
- Trip insurance
- Guide gratuity
- Unforeseen expenses from circumstances outside of Montana Alpine Guides’ control
Paradise Valley: Allenspur, AKA Carter’s Bridge Fishing Access
What our clients say about us
“We had a great time climbing Gallatin Tower in the Gallatin River Valley. Our group ranged in age from 8 to 43. Our guides, Genevieve and Kyle, were able to find routes to accommodate all of us. They really did a fantastic job.”
“Had the best time climbing with Montana Alpine Guides. Sam is a fantastic guide that I would recommend to anyone visiting Montana and the surrounding areas.”
8 hours (8am-4pm)
- July 8, 2023
- Custom dates available, private rates apply
- Max 6:1 ratio
MINIMUM ENROLLMENT: 3 climbers