This course is for those who have experience leading sport climbs and want to tap in to the multitude of classic traditional routes and or alpine objectives abound. Topics covered include:
- Risk assessments and crags hazards
- Gear placements and removal, protection evaluation
- Multi-point/multi-directional anchor construction
- Fall factors and forces created
- Technique and lead-climbing strategy
- Lead belays and belaying from above
- Equipment selection and use
PREREQUISITES: Climbers enrolling in our Traditional Rock Courses should have a background in lead climbing sport climbs. Contact us about options if you feel you need to gain these skills.
Combine this course with our Multi-Pitch Climbing Course for a solid foundation in traditional climbing skills and techniques. The two courses will provide participants with the necessary skills to climb longer traditional routes and are available the same weekend.
What our clients say about us
“We had a great time climbing Gallatin Tower in the Gallatin River Valley. Our group ranged in age from 8 to 43. Our guides, Genevieve and Kyle, were able to find routes to accommodate all of us. They really did a fantastic job.”
“Had the best time climbing with Montana Alpine Guides. Sam is a fantastic guide that I would recommend to anyone visiting Montana and the surrounding areas.”