Our expedition to climb Pisco Oeste, 5752m (18,867′) is from the Llanganuco Valley, which is renowned as one of the more beautiful valleys in the Cordillera Blanca. This peak offers a spectacular position and views from base camp to the summit. The summit ridge we will be climbing is a moderate mountaineering objective and it can be ascended with just one mountain axe in a relatively quick period of time. This is a great climb for those new to the Cordillera Blanca.
Prerequisites: This expedition is for climbers with glacier travel technique skills and experience traveling on glaciers as a rope team. The objectives are for those looking to get into high altitude mountaineering in one of the worlds most accessible and beautiful mountain ranges. We offer training seminars for those without glacier travel experience.
Travel: Flights should be arranged to arrive the evening on Day 1 from our itinerary. Flights home should be scheduled for 10:00 pm or later on the last day of our itinerary or for the following morning. Travel insurance is highly recommended. MAG will arrange and cover your private airport pickup and transfers to the bus station on the front end of your trip. If you decide to stay overnight on the tail end of your trip you will need to cover that expense.
- Pick up from the Lima airport and drop off at the airport at the end of the trip.
- Bus transport from Lima to Huaraz, Huaraz to Lima
- Pick up at the Huaraz bus station and drop off at the end of the trip
- Lunch for acclimatization hikes
- Transport to and from acclimatization hikes and all other itinerary destinations
- All hotel accommodation for itinerary both in Lima and Huaraz except hotel in Lima on last day Park passes
- Donkeys for approaches when feasible. Porters to carry all group gear up to high camps (clients carry all their personal gear and stuff)
- Expedition cook to prepare all expedition meals and snacks
- Expedition Eating tent with tables and chairs
- Bathroom tent for all base camps
- Sleeping tents and foam mats
- High mountain stoves and gas
- Cook tent and stove, pots, plates and all eating utensils
- All group climbing gear
- In town food and drinks
- Gratuity to guides, porters, and donkey handlers
- Personal climbing gear – Ice axes, harnesses, crampons, helmets
- Personal warm clothes, and personal sleeping set up
- Anything not mentioned in itinerary
- Trip Insurance
Trip Total: 10 Days (US to US)
- July 5 – 13, 2018
- Prices based on a minimum of 4 participants.